The History of Government Science Study Program
The Government Science in Faculty of Social and Political Science of Universitas Diponegoro was officially established in January 1st 1968 under the Socio-Political Faculty. If traced from the history, Universitas Diponegoro was still named Universitas Semarang in 1957, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences used to be a faculty gathered with Faculty of Law named Faculty of Law and Public Sciences (FHPM). FHPM consisted of Law and Social Sciences. The Government Science was included in the Social Science.
In accordance with Government Regulation 7 / 1961, Universitas Semarang was changed into Universitas Diponegoro and be appointed as a public university. Later on 1968, FHPM was officially divided into two faculties namely the Faculty of Law and Faculty of Social and Political Sciences. One of the pioneers for the majors in Socio-Political Faculty is Prof. Sukarjan Hadi Sutikno. According to the Rector’s Decree 8 / 1983, Socio-Political Faculty has changed into the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences in Universitas Diponegoro. Therefore, according to the history, the Government Science already established since 1957 but new formally became a part of FISIP UNDIP in 1968. Later on 2016 the Government Science was no longer a major but a study program under the Department of Politics and Governance.
The initial purpose of the Government Science was to fulfill the government interest to have more trained resources to be the government apparatus and that resources are possible to not only coming from the government educational institution. The Government Science Study Program has three concentrations which are Government Management, Government Behavior, and Intermediary / Relations Political Power